Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Divine Miss M

Did you see Bette Midler (and her doppelganger daughter) on Oprah yesterday? I haven't watched daytime TV in such a long time (besides the Noggin and Toon Disney channels, that is) and there she was, The Divine Miss M. She's 62 and heading to Vegas for her next concert gig. Have you SEEN how wonderful she looks? That's 62, my friend! Sure, she's got a lot of money working for her plastic surgeon and personal trainer, but damn! Go, go, go, Miss M! And they showed a little bit of her rehearsal and I can't even imagine doing that much cardio in my 30s much less at 62!

I'd like to be inspired. I really would. Maybe I might be. If it means getting up off my ass and putting down this oatmeal cookie, I'll have to think just a little harder.

She looked so amazing! Thank goodness I'm living in the age of everything being the new decade (i.e. 50 is the new 40 and all that). Women are finally coming into their own looks and activity wise and I can only hope more and more of us realize that 40, 50 and beyond doesn't mean its time to be outdated little old ladies but vibrant, healthy active women who still have plenty of things to see, do and accomplish in this world.

Come to think of it, I think I will get off my ass - after I finish my oatmeal cookie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter